Education is the basic necessity of every child and human being. Education help in bringing positive changes in the society but imparting education has now become a means of commercialization with private and public schools springing up like a mushroom. EDucation nowadays is only seen as a means of an economic end, in the hassle of which the primary objective of education: to inculcate values and principle, to bring reforms has completely lost.
Why? Because the private and public school has transfigured the concept of knowledgeable society to economic knowledge.
For our kids to have an adequate mental and intellectual growth, homeschooling is a better alternative to sitting in classroom and mugging words that have no practical use.
Following are the reasons as to why prefer parents should homeschooling over traditional schooling:
- The ratio of teacher to student in a school has a significant difference, and thus teachers are unable to resolve problems of every kid. Kids in schools are taught with one fits all strategy. Homeschool focuses on individual child, and the curriculum is tailored according to the capabilities and personality of the child.
- If the child is unable to understand a curriculum, homeschooling provides the ease of changing it, and thereby kids are taught in the way they better understand and not by what is being followed for decades in schools.
- With homeschooling, children have the freedom to put serious efforts in pursuing their interest: be it arts, music, theatre, etc.
- There’s no peer-pressure, fear of incompetence in homeschooling hence a child learns and grows without any psychological burden at their own pace.
METHODS TO BUILD AN EFFECTIVE HOMESCHOOL CURRICULUM:
Kids understand better when they learn a new skill. It is essential to understand the skill first and not just keep on reading and memorizing. If you want your kids to develop remarkable grammar skills, get them books on grammar basics to build a strong foundation.
Practice isn’t the thing you do once you are good, it’s the only thing you do that makes you good. Purposeful practice is necessary for the kid to learn skills for life. Implementing and practicing the skills will help the kids understand the value of regular, meaningful exercise. Kids find games interesting; hence you can make them practice with games.
ASSESS THE SKILLS:
Periodic assessment is necessary for evaluating the strength and weakness of your kid. But an evaluation doesn’t have to be a worksheet. As you child progresses with the curriculum,make notes of the area they can understand quickly and the ones they are struggling with. This will help you in making necessary changes in the homeschool curriculum to impart a better understanding of the subject.
You can find several comprehensive homeschool curriculum for every subject and pick the one that suits your kid’s requirement the best. Take for instance language arts. One of the most famous and highly reviewed homeschool language arts curricula are :
- DAILY GRAMS AND EASY GRAMMER
- GRAMMAR GALAXY
- ALPHA OMEGA LIFE PAC LANGUAGE ARTS
- LEARNING LANGUAGE ARTS THROUGH LITERATURE
Since language art comprises, several sub-components chances are what might interest one child may not appeal to the other. Keeping this in mind, identify the area of language arts your child is inclined to and encourage them to further enhance their knowledge of that respective field by incorporating it into the homeschool language arts curriculum. If you are a parent looking for solutions regarding planning a homeschool curriculum for your kids, then you can check out various online resources that can help you out in picking an adept homeschooling option depending upon your need for preschoolers, kindergarten kids or high schoolers.